Ted Todd - Guarantee
Enjoy the uncompromising quality of Ted Todd floors. As one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of hardwood flooring we ensure exacting standards in durability, performance and beauty of our products. It is our confidence in our products and services that is reflected in our twenty year warranty across our product range.
20 year structural guarantee
The 20 year warranty from Ted Todd guarantees that the solid and engineered floors will be free from structural defects for a period of no less than 20 years.
The guarantee is conditional on the following:
- The floor has been installed, handled and stored in accordance with our installation
- That only Ted Todd installation products, such as adhesives, sub-floor
- preparation, underlay etc. have been used in the installation. The use of
- installation products supplied by any other manufacturer will invalidate the
- Site conditions must have remained within the Ted Todd recommended
- guidelines for temperature, relative humidity, moisture and cleanliness.
- The floor has not been inappropriately sanded due to poor maintenance.
- The floor has been maintained to the Ted Todd guidelines using the appropriate Ted
- Todd cleaning and maintenance products.
This guarantee is non-transferable.
Exclusions to the structural warranty:
- As the full flooring range from Ted Todd is 100% natural it will expand and contract through variations in temperature and humidity, this is not classed as a flooring defect as it is a natural reaction and is therefore not covered by the structural warranty.
- Damage to the floor caused by improper installation, excessive water damage (Inc. flooding) is not covered by this warranty.
- Wood is a natural product, colour variations are a natural occurrence and are dependent upon the species, age, character, and exposure to sunlight. Therefore not classed as a defect under the Ted Todd warranty
Ted Todd warranty terms & conditions:
- Wear/damage caused by improper maintenance of the floor is not covered by the
- Ted Todd maintenance and cleaning products must have been used since
- installation and followed the recommended procedures.
- The installation must have been effected using Ted Todd installation products such
- as adhesives, underlays, sub-floor preparation materials etc.
- Any claims for problems with the floor when installed over underfloor heating systems
- will only be considered when a recognised in-floor monitoring system, such as a
- FidBox, is fitted and can show that the recommended parameters for temperature
- and humidity have not been exceeded.
- The floor must not be exposed to sand/dirt/grit etc. suitable mats must be used at
- entrance points. Failure to adequately maintain the floor is not covered by this
- Damage to the floor due to moisture from (not limited to) leaking pipes, excessive
- subfloor moisture, excessive humidity is not covered by this warranty.
- Instances where a defective board has been installed are not covered by the
- The installer must inspect the boards before installation. Any claims for
- defects that could have been seen at the point of installation will not be considered.
- The installer is considered to be the final inspector.
- Damage such as heel marks/indentations/scratches/scuffs etc. caused by dragging
- furniture/items across the floor or dropping items on the floor is not covered under the
- Ted Todd warranty.
- Ted Todd provide fitting and maintenance instructions pertaining to all of our
- hardwood floors. These procedures should be followed to ensure a successful
- Failure to adhere to these guidelines could invalidate the warranty.
- Ted Todd insist that our branded range of accessories is used to ensure correct
- maintenance of the floor.
- The installer must ensure that the subfloor is even and the floor is protected by an
- adequate damp proof membrane.
- The warranty does not cover damage to floors caused by any “act of God” including
- flood, fire or adverse weather.
- Our warranty is limited to the value of the floor as supplied only, and not any
- consequential loss, nor any removal or re-fitting costs.
- Ted Todd must be permitted to arrange a survey of the floor upon receipt of a claim.
- Upon satisfactory completion of a claim Ted Todd reserve the right to repair, refinish,
- or replace the section of affected flooring.
- Proof of purchase of the original floor, plus installation accessories and Ted Todd
- maintenance and cleaning products must be submitted with any claim.